FINANCING III - SME COMPONENT & WE-FI GRANT
Any registered, economically viable Micro, Small and
Medium Enterprise (MSMEs) is eligible to apply for loans under the scheme
except for Trading, Leasing and Renting sector businesses.
*Facilities shall be considered only for “Targeted SMEs”,
namely SMEs that are:
- Located outside the Colombo District (SMEs in the Colombo
District are eligible if they are women-led first-time borrowers seeking non-collateralized
working capital loans).
Location of the business shall be requested to determine the district.
- Utilizing the loan for working capital against which
fixed or financial assets are not pledged (non-collateralized working
- Led by women.
- No prior experience borrowing from a licensed
commercial bank or licensed specialized bank.
* When approving loans under the scheme, priority shall
be given to Agriculture, Agro processing, Manufacturing, Fisheries, Tourism,
Animal husbandry and Export oriented businesses.
* Maximum loan amount - Rs.50 million.
* Special consideration to be taken to lend to
qualified enterprises that are led by women SMEs.
ADB EMERGENCY RESPONSE FACILITY
- MSMEs, having an annual turnover of less than Rs.750
million and less than 300 employees, if in manufacturing sector, or less than
200 employees, if in services sector.
- MSMEs related to Agriculture, Tourism, *Manufacturing
and other Export-oriented sectors are permitted.
- Trading, Leasing and Renting sector businesses are NOT
- The MSMEs, which have obtained the facility under the
same scheme, are not eligible for the facility.
sector (Only for women-led businesses)
At least 51% of the
enterprise ownership shall be controlled by women or shall fulfil all
of the following criteria:
- At least 20% of the
enterprise ownership is controlled by women
- A Woman is either the Chief Executive Officer (i.e. the most Senior Manager) OR Chief Operations Officer (i.e. the second most Senior Manager)
- At least 30% of the Board members are women (where a board exists)
ADB TEA SMALLHOLDER AND JFPR GRANT LOAN SCHEME
- Tea Smallholders with landholding not exceeding 10 acres. Borrowers must submit a recommendation letter from TSHDA.
- Tea Smallholders with landholding of 10 to 50 acres. Borrowers must submit a recommendation letter from SLTB.
- New planting
- Irrigation systems
- Nursery Development
- Water & Soil Management
JFPR Grant Eligibility -
- Tea Smallholders with landholding not exceeding 10 acres
- Restricted for the purposes of New Planting and Re-planting
- Maximum loan amount should be under Rs.5.00Mn
NEW COMPREHENSIVE RURAL CREDIT SCHEME (SARUSARA)
- Cultivation of Paddy, Chilies, Onion, Pulses, Oil Seeds, Root & Tubers, Vegetable and other short term crops ie Ginger, Sugarcane and Turmeric
- Eligible crops and scale of finance will be as per the schedule circulated by CBSL
- Home Gardening
- Nurseries and seed production
E- FRIENDS II REVOLVING LOAN SCHEME
- Eligible Projects
The investment in fixed assets, excluding land and buildings (owned or leased) at original book value should not exceed Rs. 250.0 Million on completion of the project.
- Eligible Expenditure
- Equipment for end-of-pipe treatment and equipment that will lead to reduced emissions or to a lower production of wastes by the enterprises thereby enabling them to comply with the National Environment standards;
- Equipment that leads to substantial reduction in the use of resources by existing equipment & machinery, or the phasing out of hazardous substances;
- Equipment that will substantially improve the safety of work places, especially with regard to the exposure of workers to potentially hazardous substances or noise, etc;
- Investments related to the relocation of highly polluting industries to special industrial estates that are equipped with waste treatment plants and investments by enterprises that set up and operate such treatment plants; and
- Equipment for the monitoring of pollutants in connection with (a), (b), (c) or (d).
KAPRUKA AYOJANA LOAN SCHEME (For Coconut Cultivation)
- Eligible Borrowers
- An owner, lessee or a person having the legal right to undertake the proposed development upon submission of proof thereof of. ½ an acre or more land.
- In the case of leases the period of lease should be not less than 2 years in excess of the maturity period of the loan
- Eligible Expenditure
- Coconut planting with intercropping
- Replanting with intercropping
- Coconut mono-cropping
- Establishment of Agro wells/Tube Wells/Deep Wells
- Establishment & Maintain of nurseries to provide planting materials for Intercropping
- Provision of Farm Machineries
- Constructions of cattle/Goat/Sheep Sheds
- Crop Protection Loans