- Key Benefits
- Designated Currency
A lucrative foreign currency fixed deposit from Sampath Bank, the Sampath Special Deposit Account (SDA) is a unique foreign currency fixed deposit,offering Sri Lankans here and abroad, the opportunity to enjoy additional rates and flexibility, while extending a gesture of goodwill to Sri Lanka and its people.
An SDA can be opened with any of the designated foreign currencies and LKR.
- Higher interest rate than regular fixed deposits.
6 month deposits – 1 percentage point above the normal rate, per annum.
12 month deposits – 2percentage points above normal rate, per annum.
- Freely convertible and remittable outside Sri Lanka, at maturity.
- Will not be subject to Foreign Exchange regulations published in the gazette notifications No. 2045/56 dated 17.11.2017
- The ideal opportunity for patriotic Sri Lankans and well-wishers to support people living in Sri Lanka and indirectly help in overcoming the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Age limit – 18 and above.
- Sri Lankan individuals resident in or outside Sri Lanka.
- Dual Citizens.
- Citizens of other States with Sri Lankan origin.
- Non-nationals resident in or outside Sri Lanka.
- Funds, corporate bodies, associations incorporated/registered outside Sri Lanka.
- Any other well-wishers.
Designated foreign currencies are - United States Dollar (USD), Euro, Sterling Pound, Australian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Swedish Kroner, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Yen, Danish Kroner, Norwegian Kroner, Chinese Renminbi and New Zealand Dollar.