- Permitted Credits/Debits
What is it?
The Resident Non-National Foreign Currency accounts scheme is for Resident Foreign Nationals who wish to open and maintain accounts in designated foreign currencies.
Resident Non-Nationals who are either temporarily or permanently residing in Sri Lanka on resident visas
Types of Accounts
- An account can be opened in the form of a Savings Account or a Term Deposit Account in designated foreign currency
- Inward remittances received in any of the designated currencies
- Payments to employees (RNNFC accounts held by non-nationals employed in Sri Lanka on a valid employment visa issued by the department of Immigration & Emigration) including salaries, wages and other benefits paid by the employers
- Outward remittances in any of the designated currencies
- Payments in foreign currency converted to Sri Lanka Rupees
What are the benefits?
- Statement of accounts will be dispatched to the account holder on a quarterly basis
* Conditions apply