- How to Obtain
- How to load/reload?
- Where to Use
Sampath Bank and American Express announced the formation of a strategic partnership with the launch of the first American Express Travel Prepaid Card in Sri Lanka, the Sampath Bank American Express® Travel Lite Prepaid Card. Targeted at a growing segment of consumers in Sri Lanka traveling internationally for education, business or leisure, the card offers the convenience of using a prepaid card overseas, enabling international travelers overcome troubles of carrying foreign currency or looking for authorized money changers.
- Locked in currency rates as denominated in US$
- Overseas Travel Insurance cover up to US$ 50,000
- Exclusive offers by American Express Selects
- Backup card with separate PIN
- Facility to review transactions online through the customer portal.
- Free SMS alerts on each transaction
- Customer Service
- 24 hours hotline: +94-112300604
- Dedicated Customer Portal
- Walk in to any Sampath Bank Branch or Sampath Bank pay office located at Bandaranayake International Airport (KPO) and Mattala International Airport (MPO).
- Hand over the duly filled application along with your passport, visa & air ticket.
Amount: Rs. 500/-
- At any Sampath Bank Branch/KPO/MPO
- Produce your passport & air ticket.
- Card is denominated through USD.
- Maximum loading amount is US$ 10,000 (subject to Exchange Control Regulation).
- Minimum loading amount is USD 100.
(Service charge of 1% of load/reload value applies)
- At world wide American Express merchant outlets outside Sri Lanka.
- At world wide American Express ATM locations
Daily ATM Withdrawal Limit- USD 1,000
Daily spend limit: USD 2,500
- Remaining balance can be withdrawn at any ATM or Sampath Bank Branch.
- USD 2000 can be retained in your Card account at any time for future travel purposes
"TRAVEL THE WORLD WITH PEACE OF MIND"